Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156

Thread: This is not to start a debate...

  1. #101
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just because you decide on how long a shot is doesnt stop it being art....????!!!!!!
    Just because you decided what soundtrack to put over it doesnt stop it being art.....

    For goodness sake, there is a reason its the length it is, there are reasons (your own) why you put certain music over it. These reasons are your intention. The idea you are trying to convey.

    This is a truly bizarre 'debate'.....


    PS: shouting doesnt make you right.

  2. #102
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the 100th post on this one. HA!

    [EDIT] While I was writing this, Eidde sneak attacked me and slipped the 100th under the radar. However, I will leave this post intact to prove what a prat I am. [END]

    You know Chance, I think you're right. Nothing you do is art.


    ---------------------

    Do I win a prize?

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ December 10, 2004 09:40 AM: Message edited by: jb_617 ]</font></font>

    And I had to edit again because I spelled Eidde wrong. DAMN!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 10, 2004 09:40 AM: Message edited by: jb_617 ]</font>

  3. #103
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    TO disagree with Mike and rephrase

    if "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" then watching a film, you are watching art (assuming it was a film that dusted your soul)

    Nope,.

    "Escapism washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life" then watching a film, you are experiencing escpaism (assuming it was a film that dusted your soul)

  4. #104
    Inactive Member MatJimMood's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree

    Chances films probably aren't art

  5. #105
    Inactive Member MatJimMood's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jesus this topic is moving fast

  6. #106
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    &gt;I got the 100th post on this one. HA!
    &gt;[EDIT] While I was writing this, Eidde sneak
    &gt;attacked me and slipped the 100th under the
    &gt;radar. However, I will leave this post intact to
    &gt; prove what a prat I am. [END]


    ha ha!

    maybe I should get a life.

  7. #107
    Inactive Member mishkin madness's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so you constructed the shots, edited, scored, albeit with a desired effect in mind. just because you contrived to create an impression does not mean it cannot be art. art is not an accident that occurs when you look away.

    i think it was leonardo davinci, but they x-rayed some of his paintings to discover that he sketched the outlines of a composition, noted what colours to go where, let his students fill it in, and he touched it up.

    (do not quote me on leonardo, it may not have been him)

    and michaelangelo, it may be an academic myth, but the famous chapel ceiling was rushed because the pope was bagging on him over the bill.

    everything is contrived, yet the skill in doing so matched with the beauty to the eye, makes it art, one without the other makes it "a film", or "flick" or just a book, etc.

    Mishkin

  8. #108
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Eddie

    If i stood in front of you with a copy of say Dante's inferno and said read this, whilst myself turned the pages at a speed which was to fast to take it in,. would you be reading the book ?


    Jb

    The only artist i will ever claim to be is one of the drinking kind,

  9. #109
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    &gt;Eddie

    &gt; If i stood in front of you with a copy of say
    &gt; Dante's inferno and said read this, whilst
    &gt; myself turned the pages at a speed which was to
    &gt; fast to take it in,. would you be reading the
    &gt; book ?


    um....of course not. Id be standing looking at you rather confused, and ask you politely to hand it to me so that I could read it....

    so?

  10. #110
    Inactive Member Spunkey1pestic's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    - you only controlled what image you put forth-

    But as "I am" watching that snippett- it is up to my brain to pull from it as I will. Therefore my brain is proceesing what you put forth-Leaving it open to my interpetation-
    ---Regaurdless if it is establishing place-

    I can think "wow, what and intresting shot.."
    Or I can think "Suck that", or I can think"Nuns?
    Why Nuns?" all up to me....

    Well, unless your seacretly laying down sublimnal
    scenes to brainwash me and make me only see what you want me to see and then try to drag my soul
    to the netherworld.....

    I am way to wired this morning - forgive me folks
    up writing till 3:00am and now I'm surving on coffee-


    You are not telling my brain what it see's-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •